The application procedure, packet and program information will be emailed to any dietetic student or graduate who requests it from the Internship Director, or it may be downloaded or printed from Hurley Medical Center’s website. All application requirements must be postmarked by September 25, 2017, in order to be considered for an appointment.
Application Procedure and Forms:
To ensure that full responsibility of accurate and timely applications remain solely with prospective dietetic interns, Hurley Medical Center requires paper applications to be submitted.
We DO NOT participate with the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS).
- Begin by downloading the application procedure.
- Register online (https://www.dnddigital.com/) for computer-internship-matching ($50 fee, payable online). Deadline: Sept. 25, 2017.
- Next, complete the following items and return them to us them in the following order on or before Sept. 25, 2017:
- Checklist for Applications Packet
- Hurley Form C
- Letter of Application (typed in business letter format - up to 2 pages). Address the following 4 items:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Dietetic Internship Program Application Form (aka Supervised Practice Program Application)
- Official Grade Transcript(s) with university seal (request through your university) - must state degree earned if applicant has graduated
- Academic declaration or statement (one of the following)
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Minimum Academic Requirements (must be completed by applicant AND academic advisor) - for those who have not yet graduated (obtain from your university)
- Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics [must be signed by applicant’s academic advisor in non-black ink, with a full date (month, day, year) listed for the completion date] - for those who have already graduated (obtain from your university)
- 3 recommendation forms/waivers (1 from a dietetics instructor; 1 from an academic advisor; 1 from an instructor in dietetics or a related field, a supervisor of a work or volunteer experience, or the head of the department of the degree-granting institution in which the student is enrolled)
- Nonrefundable $50 application fee (personal check or money order, payable to Hurley Medical Center)
For application information, click here.
Do not send additional recommendations. (Also, do not send your résumé).
The application package is to be postmarked by September 25 2017. Send all original application materials in one envelope (if possible) to:
Dietetic Internship Director
Hurley Medical Center
One Hurley Plaza
Flint, MI 48503
REMINDER: All applicants to Dietetic Internships must participate in computer matching. Applicants must register online for computer matching and select dietetic internship choices by 11:59 Central Time on September 25th, 2017. There is a $50.00 charge for computer matching, payable online.