The following webinars fulfill the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) new requirements for continuing medical education.
Continuing Education Requirements For Michigan Medical Doctors
Authority: Public Act 368 of 1978, as amended
Requirements For Renewal
Each medical doctor is required to complete 150 hours of continuing education in courses or programs approved by the board of which a minimum 75 hours of the required 150 hours must be earned in courses or programs designated as Category 1 programs.
A minimum of 1 hour of continuing education must be earned in the area of medical ethics. Effective December 6, 2017 a minimum of 3 hours of continuing education must be earned in the area of pain and symptom management.
Ethical Principles - Choosing Wisely: Is Parsimonious Care “Just” Rationing?
Leonard M. Fleck PhD
- Professor of Philosophy and Medical Ethics, MSU College of Human Medicine
Management of the Chronic Opioid User
Cara Poland, MD, M.Ed., FASAM
- Lead Physician, Center for Integrative Medicine
- Spectrum Health Medical Group, Grand Rapids
- President, Michigan Society of Addiction Medicine
Pediatric & Adolescent Obesity – 5210 Let’s Go!
Sathyan Sudhanthar, MD
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics & Human Development, MSU College of Human Medicine
Stephen Morris, MD
- Plastic Surgeon, Hurley Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, MSU
Recognition & Management of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Mamta (Kulkarni) Mamik, MD
- Associate Fellowship Director, Female Pelvic Medicine Reconstructive Surgery, Icahn School of Medicine, The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- Fellow of: Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Stroke Care - Covering the Spectrum
Mohammed Al-Qasmi, MD
- Director, Stroke Program, Hurley Medical Center
Shah-Naz Khan, MD
- Director, Institute of General & Endovascular Neurosurgery, Flint
Lesli Skolarus, MD
- Associate Professor, Department of Neurology, U of M, Ann Arbor
Michael Tupper, MD
- Clinical Instructor of Emergency Medicine, Hurley Medical Center
Hurley CME On Demand provides educational material for health-care professionals to view at their convenience, anytime, from nearly any device with an internet connection.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) are available to those who complete the CME requirements for each learning activity.