Original Release Date: 3/31/2019 and Expiration Date: 3/31/2022
Enduring Material Author:
Diane Welker, NP
- Pain/Palliative Care, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
The author does not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
- Video (1 hour)
- Provide information and discuss tools that can be incorporated into practice for patients who are prescribed opioids
- Identify communication techniques that can be used when discussing concern for opioid prescription misuse
- Have information available for patients that may need referral for substance abuse treatment
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary and Specialty Care Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, and Resident Physicians
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
2018 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Diane Welker, NP, Regina Waller, and Michelle Landis do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Susumu Inoue, MD, Khalid Ahmed, MD, Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Omari Young, MD, Diane Welker, NP, Kay Taylor, PhD, Regina Waller, Jennifer Godlesky, and Julia Moses do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. Hemant Thawani, MD, has a relevant financial relationship with Sanofi and Pfizer as Grant/Research Support.
Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interests of a relevant relationship with the educational topic by planning committee members and/or reviewers of the CME activity would be resolved by not allowing planning, reviewing, and approving of the CME activity by planning committee members and/or reviewers. Dr. Thawani did not plan, review, or approve this CME activity.