To apply to one of our residency training programs
Please use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®), a program of the Association of American Medical Colleges. It may be used by U.S. medical school graduates, international medical school graduates, and fellowship applicants. A Letter of Recommendation (LoR) Portal may be used by LoR authors.
In ERAS, submit:
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter (or equivalent)
- Official medical school transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical degree graduation certificate (prior to start of residency program)
- Proof of a valid ECFMG certificate (where applicable)
- J-1 visa (where applicable; we do accept only J-1 visas)
To apply to one of our fellowship training programs
Please follow the instructions listed on our web page for the specific fellowship of interest:
Hurley is pleased to offer options for accommodations to residency candidates during their interviews. Arrangements can be coordinated with administrative staff in each residency training program.
Each residency program sets its own interview timeframe and schedule, but interviews - which are mandatory in order to be considered for a position - generally take place in the last three months of the year prior to the start date. (So applicants for the 2021-2022 academic year would interview in fall 2020, in general.) Likewise, each program sets its own minimum recommended USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 score for applicants, which may be found in our FAQ section below.
- Candidates must start the residency program within 5 years after completion of their medical degree.
- Candidates must meet all eligibility and selectcon criteria of resident guidelines established by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- We consider international medical graduates who meet the other eligibility criteria (just as we consider other candidates), and we also accept J1 Visas.