So you want to find a way to let off a little steam and have fun at the same time – and you have a dozen new interns in Internal Medicine to consider. What activity should you offer up?
Futbol (soccer) might be your best bet, though swimming and music might be close behind. Or a road trip or two to see Michigan’s amazing beaches and hiking trails. These interns all like to travel and have new adventures, whether watching Formula 1 racing on TV, cooking up new recipes, challenging people in table-tennis, or trying out new hiking paths.
When you see these new faces, don’t forget to ask them what they do for fun – you may just want to join them:
- Mahmoud Bararawi MD: Graduated from Hashemite University Faculty of Medicine, Jordan, then trained in the Specialty Hospital in Amman. Likes chess, reading, outdoor activities, traveling.
- Sai Chintalapati MD: Graduated from Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, India; volunteered with Pulse Polio Initiative, where he helped vaccinate children throughout India; enjoys Indian classical music, cooking, chess, and cricket. (Sai – did you know there are cricket leagues in Saginaw?)
- Tarek Haykel MD: Graduated from Lebanese University Faculty of Medical Science, Lebanon. Likes ballroom dancing, table tennis, swimming, tennis, and music.
- Jasleen Kaur MD: Graduated from Government Medical College Chandigarh, India. Active in research, with several publications. Enjoys reading, watching documentaries.
- Sajit Malla MD: Graduated from Manipal College of Medical Science, Napal. Soccer player and fan (loves FC Barcelona). Likes to travel, spend time in nature, and watch Formula 1 racing.
- Laith Rasdan MD: Graduated from Jordan University Science and Technology Faculty of Medicine. Volunteered with Doctors Without Borders and Doctors of the World. Likes traveling, soccer, jogging, and playing video games.
- Varun Samji MD: Graduated from Raichure Institute of Medical Science, India. Observed and worked on research projects in local hospitals in New York and Chicago. Likes traveling, cooking, reading.
- Tilak Sharma MD: Graduated from B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal. Volunteered with service group in Nepal to build awareness on hygiene and sanitation. Enjoys playing guitar and listening to music.
- Subash Subedi MD: Graduated from the College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur, Nepal. Volunteered for various organizations in Nepal and worked as a research assistant. Enjoys poetry, guitar, singing, philosophy, and sports (especially soccer and table tennis).
- Saira Sundus MD: Graduated from Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Pakistan. Earned honors in many classes, qualified for academic scholarships in each year of schooling. Enjoys traveling, cooking, sewing, reading – and spending time with her family.
- Anitha Yelangi MD: Graduated from Osmania Medical College, India. Volunteered in India, helpin to distribute medications and food devastated by flooding. Begins her days with yoga, meditation. Likes beaches, swimming, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
- Yazan Zayed MD: Graduated from An-Najah National University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Palestine. Completed cardiology and nephrology clerkships in Australia. Recently worked on research projects. Enjoys traveling, soccer, and farming.