- Program Director, Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program, Hurley Medical Center / Michigan State University, Flint, Mich.
- Director, Hurley Senior Services, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Assistant Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
- Geriatrician, Internal Medicine Geriatric Clinic at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
Dr. Nakhleh’s warm personality and love of teaching make her a popular faculty member in geriatric medicine. She graduated from Hurley’s Internal Medicine Residency Training Program (where she served as chief resident) and, after completing a geriatric medicine fellowship elsewhere, returned to Hurley to head up the geriatric clinic.
- Medical School: University of Damascus School of Medicine, Damascus, Syria
- Clinical Pathology Residency: University of Damascus, Damascus, Syria
- Internal Medicine Residency: Hurley Medical Center/ Michigan State University, Flint, Mich.
- Geriatric Medicine Fellowship: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- 15-PAF06501: Hartford Center of Excellence in Geriatrics 2016-2016 / American Federation for Aging Research. Development of a Geriataric Clinic Serving Arabic Older Adults. Co-Principal Investigator with Effort (Principal Investigator Raymond Yung MD). 2015-2016. $93,000.
Peer-reviewed journal publications:
- Basha HI, Raju S, Nakhleh R, Bachuwa G: Antimitochondrial antibody-negative primary biliary cirrhosis in an elderly African American man Clinical Geriatrics. 20(6):41-43, 2012.
- Zainah H, Hassan S, Nakhleh R, Arshad S, Zervos M: Epidemiology and outcome of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus health-care associated pneumonia. Case Report in Clinical Medicine. 2(1):38-43, 2013.
- Zainah H, Nakhleh R, Hassan S, Arshad S, Zervos M: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Pneumonia. What is the Optimal Duration of Treatment Infectious disease? Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. 21(4):235-239, 2013.
- Kenno S, Nakhleh R, Shaik M. An unusual presentation of hypothyroidism, American College of Physicians, San Francisco, Calif., 2013.
- Kanzy A, Nakhleh R. An Unusual presentation of pancreatic pseudocyst, MSU/FAME- Community research forum, Flint, Mich., 2013.
- Basha HI, Raju S, Nakhleh R, Bachuwa G. Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW) as an Independent Predictor of Adverse Cardiovascular Outcomes in Elderly Patients following Elective Non-Cardiac Surgery, MSU/FAME- Community Research Forum, Flint, Mich., 2013.
- Zainah H, Hassan S, Nakhleh R, Arshad S, Zervos M. Epidemiology and Outcome of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Health-Care Associated Pneumonia, Michigan Infectious Disease Society, East Lansing, Mich., 2013.
- Nakhleh R, Suh T. Div. of Geriatric & Palliative Medicine, Dept. of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan: Unusual infection after cat bite in an older woman, American Geriatrics Society, National Harbor, 2015.
- Khan F, Nakhleh R, Suh T, & A. Winkelman. “How Acute Conditions Can Overshadow Chronicity: A Case of Pyelonephritis of an Obstructed Nonfunctional Kidney,” American Geriatrics Society, Long Beach, Calif. 2016.
- Gerlach.L, Nakhleh R. A case of urinoma: An unusual presentation of prolonged delirium and lithium toxicity, American Geriatrics Society/Presidential posters session, Long Beach, Calif. 2016.
- 2014 Resident of the Quarter, Department of Internal Medicine, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- 2013 Outstanding Resident Educator, Michigan State College of Human Medicine students, Flint, Mich.
American Geriatrics Society
- 2015, My Brother’s Keeper homeless shelter, Flint, Mich. Organized free health-screening event.
- 2011-2015, Genesee Free Clinic, Flint, Mich. Provided medical care to underserved.
- 2011-2014, My Brother’s Keeper homeless shelter, Flint, Mich. Provided health education and medical counseling during regular shelter visits.