- Pediatric Psychologist, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Co-supervisor, psychology postdoctoral fellows, Advanced Neuropsychology and Pediatric Psychology Services Group, Flint, Mich.
- Secondary supervisor, Hurley Medical Psychology Fellowship - Pediatric Health Psychology
- Assistant Professor, MSU CHM Pediatrics and Human Development
- Associate Director, Assessment Services, Children’s Autism Center, Genesee Health System, Flint, Mich.
Katherine Burrell PsyD is known for her knowledge, commitment, and pleasant disposition, whether it’s working with children and families or with students and resident physicians.
At Hurley, Dr. Burrell provides evidence-based pediatric psychology services and collaborates with multidisciplinary pediatric teams. For example, she helps children and families cope with new and chronic medical conditions, as well as assists with management of developmental and behavioral matters at Hurley Children’s Hospital and within the primary care setting at Hurley Children’s Clinic. She also provides traditional outpatient psychotherapy for children from all backgrounds. As an educator, she supervises post-doctoral fellows who are part of the Consortium for Advanced Psychology Training-Michigan State University, as well as provides medical education to resident physicians and medical students.
At Genesee Health System’s Children’s Autism Center, Dr. Burrell not only conducts comprehensive diagnostic evaluations of children suspected of having Autism Spectrum Disorder, but she also works with Mott Children’s Health Center to conduct evaluations for its Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder clinic.
Dr. Burrell is well prepared for her various roles, as shown by some of her educational history:
- Bachelor-of-science degree in psychology: Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Mich.
- Predoctoral internship in psychology: Youth Consultation Service, East Orange, N.J.
- Doctor-of-psychology degree: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, Ill.
- Postdoctoral fellowship in pediatric health psychology: Consortium for Advanced Psychology Training, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.