- Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology Department, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Faculty of Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
Dr. Rocha was well liked during his residency in Hurley’s Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program 2006-2010. After graduation, he picked up some extra training in the form two fellowships - and earned a master’s degree in clinical research. In the meantime, he served as assistant program director for the Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center Ob-Gyn Residency Program, as well as director of Obstetric Critical Care at the same location. His former Hurley colleagues and instructors are not surprised. The affable Dr. Rocha served as chief resident at Hurley and liked research and leadership even then. Now he has rejoined his alma mater as a faculty member and director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Hurley.
- Medical School: Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horzonte, Brazil
- Residency and Chief Residency: Hurley Medical Center/ Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Flint, Mich.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship: University of Hawaii, John A. Burns School of Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Master of Science in Clinical Research: University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Sugery Critical Care Medicine Fellowship: Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mich.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Surgical Critical Care
- Carl Christensen MD Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center.
- Clinical Attending Physician of the Year, Hutzel Women’s Hospital, Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center.
- Golden Journal Award to the most evidence-based faculty, University of Hawaii Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program.
- Outstanding Medical Student Resident Educator Awards, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Flint Area Medical Education
- Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals Best Teaching Resident of the Year, elected by junior residents at Hurley Medical Center
- Reviewer for several academic journals
- Author of several scholarly papers, book chapters, and national and international presentations
- Recipient of an NIH-RMATRIX carry-forward award ($15,000 Hawaii Biospecimen Repository HiBR) as a post-doctoral fellow. Project title: Genetic susceptibility of preterm birth in the Hawaii Filipino population.