- Faculty, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynecology Department, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
Dr. Henry Adekola had extensive experience in Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere in the United States before he joined Hurley Medical Center’s Maternal-Fetal Medicine faculty.
- Medical School: College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Lincoln Medical Health Centre, Bronx, New York
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pregnancy and Perinatology Research Branch of the U.S. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development/ National Institutes of Health, Hutzel Women’s Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mich.
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United States
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United Kingdom
- Diplomate of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health, Royal College of Obstetricia
- Society of Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Medical Association
- General Medical Council, United Kingdom
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- Plasma endocan and p14 concentrations in pregnancy
- Maternal obesity/BMI and pregnancy
- HIV-infected patients and pregnancy
- Intrauterine grown restriction
- Trauma in multi-fetal pregnancy
Dr. Adekola has published multiple papers and book chapters, presented many posters, and is a scientific reviewer for five research journals, mostly related to obstetrics and gynecology or maternal-fetal and neonatal medicine.