- Director of Reproductive Endocrinology, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Michigan State Univeristy College of Human Medicine
- Practice and Medical Director, IVF Michigan, Rochester Hills and Flint, Mich.
Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid’s patients come not only from Michigan but also from around the nation and from around the world. His patient-friendly personality is almost as well known as his research, which is well received in many peer-reviewed journals and national and international presentations. Resident physicians appreciate the opportunity to rotate with him and gain from his decades of expertise.
- Medical School: Cairo University Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency: St. Stephens Hospital, Westminster School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom; Marston Green Hospital, Birmingham, UK; University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency: Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship: University of South Alabama, Mobile, Ala.
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United States
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United Kingdom
- Board Certification, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, United States
- Board Certification, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, United Kingdom
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, United States
- Fellow, Royal College of Obsetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom
- European Society of Human Reproduction
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- June 2015, Clinton H. Dowd, MD Annual Teaching Award, Hurley Medical Center
- March 2015, Faculty Investigator Award, Hurley Medical Center, Annual Michigan State University Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum
- October 2012, Star Award, American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- May 2011, Faculty Investigator Award, Hurley Medical Center, Annual Michigan State University Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum
- October 2009, Outstanding Community Service Award, Yemen American Benevolent
- April 2009, Visiting Professor Appreciation Award, King Abdulaziz Medical City, National Guard Health Affairs – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- October 2008, Distinguished Speaker Award, Egyptian Fertility Society, 14th Annual Meeting, Cairo, Egypt
- June 2006, Distinguished Professional, RESOLVE (The National Infertility Association) of Michigan
- June 2003, Outstanding Teaching Award, Hurley Medical Center, OB/GYN residents
- September 2003, Distinguished Speaker Award, Egyptian Fertility Society, 9th Annual Meeting, Cairo, Egypt
- November 2000, Distinguished Speaker Award, Middle East Fertility Society, 8th Annual Meeting, Beirut, Lebanon
- May 1999, Faculty Investigator Award, Hurley Medical Center, First Annual Michigan State University Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum
- November 1998, Distinguished Speaker Award, Middle East Fertility Society, 6th Annual Meeting, Amman, Jordan
- October 1998, Physician of the Year Award, Arabic Heritage Council, Flint, Michigan
- June 1995, Outstanding Teaching Award, Hurley Medical Center OB/GYN residents
- May 1995, Researcher of the Year Award, Frank V Hodges Research Forum at Hurley Medical Center
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART)
- Müllerian Anomalies Diagnosis & Management
- Surgical Management of Endometriosis
- Surgical Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Robotic Surgery in Gynecology
- Operative Laparoscopy for Management of Reproductive Failure
- Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Hyperstimulation Syndrome
Dr. Abuzeid typically has several research projects in the works, and there may be opportunities for resident physicians or medical students to help with data collection or other research-related tasks. He has authored well over 200 publications, abstracts, book chapters, and reviews, and has presented his findings at numerous international and national scientific meetings.