- Associate Director, Assessment Services, Genesee Health System, Flint, Mich.
- Supervisor, Hurley Pediatric Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship Program, Flint, Mich.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics and Human Development, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
- Pediatric Psychologist
Whether working with children and families or with pediatric residents and psychology fellows, Katherine Burrell PsyD is known for her knowledge, commitment to kids, and pleasant disposition.
Dr. Burrell is a supervisor within the Pediatric Clinical Health Psychology Fellowship Program, a partnership between Hurley Medical Center and Genesee Health System. She oversees the clinical training provided within Genesee Health System and provides close supervision and teaching related to neurodevelopmental conditions and their assessment.
At Genesee Health System, Dr. Burrell serves as associate director of Assessment Services. She is currently developing the Neurodevelopmental Center of Excellence that will provide assessment services for children and young adults suspected of having autism spectrum disorder (ASD), fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD), and neurocognitive and psychiatric effects from lead exposure. Prior to the development of the center, Dr. Burrell helped launch ASD assessment services, integrating assessment and treatment services within Genesee Health System’s Children’s Autism Center.
When not conducting assessments, Dr. Burrell provides supervision to staff within multiple departments at Genesee Health System, as well as medical education to Hurley’s pediatric residents. On occasion, you may find Dr. Burrell also providing consultation/liaisons services for children at Hurley Children’s Hospital.
- Bachelor-of-science degree in psychology: Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Mich.
- Master-of-psychology degree: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, Ill.
- Predoctoral internship in psychology: Youth Consultation Service, East Orange, N.J.
- Doctor-of-psychology degree: Midwestern University, Downers Grove, Ill.
- Postdoctoral pediatric health psychology fellowship: Consortium for Advanced Psychology Training, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Neurodevelopmental conditions
- Medical education and clinical training
Highly committed to working with children and their families, Dr. Burrell still takes time outside of work to have fun and enjoy life. She enjoys spending her time with her family and friends, as well as traveling, playing and watching sports, and trying new restaurants - she loves food.
- Favorite food: Popcorn with cheese sprinkle
- Favorite season: Fall
- Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere new!
- Favorite animal: Dogs