- Trauma, acute-care, and critical-care surgeon, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
After Dr. Wong finished his trauma fellowship at Hurley, his colleagues were delighted that he agreed to become part of the team, both in surgery and in teaching.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology (cum laude): Capital University, Columbus, Ohio
- Medical School: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines, Iowa
- Surgical Internship and Residency: St John Macomb-Oakland, Detroit, Mich.
- Surgery Chief Residency: St John Macomb-Oakland, Detroit, Mich.
- Surgical Critical Care Fellowship: Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Mich.
- Trauma Surgery Fellowship: Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Support (Instructor)
- Surgical Critical Care
- General Surgery
Dr. Wong and colleagues recently published a study about calcium administration and its association with adverse outcomes in critically ill patients receiving parenteral nutrition (a natural experiment that came about due to a shortage of calcium gluconate), as well as a case presentation about proctalgia and colorectal stricture as a result of a two-year transit of a chicken bone retained in the rectum.
- Director of Trauma Continued Medical Education, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Director of Hurley Hernia Center, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
Dr. Wong is a member of the following:
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Michigan Osteopathic Association
- Society of Critical Care Medicine