- Hand, Plastic and Burn Surgeon, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Clinical Associate Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Department of Surgery, East Lansing, Mich.
Dr. Stephen Morris brings military surgery and plastic surgery experience with him on the job as a trauma surgeon at Hurley Medical Center. The native of Midland, Mich., has much other experience to share with residents and fellows as well.
- Undergraduate studies (Engineering): Michigan State University, East Lansing, and University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Medical School: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Internship and General Surgery Residency: St. Mary’s Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- General Surgery Residency: Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship: Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colo.
- Tropical Medicine & Hygiene Diploma: Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, England
- Combat Care Casualty Care Courses, US Army
Military Status and Service
- United States Army Reserve (USAR), retired
- Rank: Lt. Colonel, USAR
- Staff Surgeon, General Surgery, US Army Hospital, Nuernberg, West Germany
- Staff Surgeon, Moncrief Army Hospital, fort Jackson, S.C.
- Staff Surgeon, 41st Combat Support Hospital, Saudi Arabia and Iraq (Operation Desert Shield/Storm)
- Staff, Plastic Surgery Service, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam, Houston, Texas
- Chief, Plastic Surgery Service, Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam, Houston, Texas
Other Clinical Service
- Physician in General Surgery, Ob-Gyn, Urology, Orthopaedics, Pediatrics & General Medicine; Memorial Christian Hospital Cox’s Bazaar District, Bangladesh
- Active staff, St. Mary’s Medical Center, Saginaw, Mich.
- Active Staff, Covenant Cooper (formerly St. Luke’s Hospital), Saginaw, Mich.
- Active Staff, Covenant Harrison (formerly Saginaw General Hospital), Saginaw, Mich.
- Chair, Department of Surgery, St. Mary’s Medical Center, Saginaw, Mich.
- Plastic Surgery
Dr. Morris has been on staff at Hurley Medical Center since 2010 and is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Association for Hand Surgery, and the American Burn Association.