To support the knowledge-based information needs of Hurley Medical Center’s clinicians, administrators, employees, corporate affiliates, patients and their families with current resources; thus supporting Hurley Medical Center’s mission of “Clinical Excellence Service to People.”
Goals and Objectives
The vision of the Michael H. and Robert M. Hamady Health Sciences Library is based on the following goals:
- Education/ Training: increase opportunities for Hurley staff to utilize information technology to improve patient care and to support having successful outcomes for patient safety, research and board review scores.
- Outreach: extension of library services and resources to off-campus locations of clinics and to physicians.
- Maintenance and expansion of traditional and virtual library services and resources.
- Recruitment and retention of skilled library staff members.
A Hurley Medical Center identification badge is needed to access the library and to sign out materials. Patient and their families may request information for in-house delivery or mail.
Full Range of Services Available
- Searching assistance. Clinical searches available upon request
- Centralized access to health science databases as well as to books and journals that support clinical practice and research.
- Interlibrary loan and document delivery
Library Orientation (Online version in process)
- Required for 24-hour access
Library Computer Resources Available on Walk-up Basis
- 8 computer stations
- Wireless access available
- Laptops / wireless devices with wireless cards can connect to the Internet using GuestNet. Access to the secure wireless must be set up by IT Department.
- Conference room with computer and presentation equipment
- Two scanners
- CD/ DVD burners