All electronic resources, including databases and full-text articles, are accessible at all HMC workstations linked via the Intranet. The following databases are available to HMC employees with Library Accounts. Use the links on these pages to access the databases off campus, using your Library Account.
Database and e-book collection includes:
- A-Z List Alphabetical list of Electronic Resources available at Hurley.
- ACCESS MEDICINE Access to more than 60 medical titles, thousands of images and illustrations, interactive self-assessment, case files, diagnostic tools, and a comprehensive search platform.
- COCHRANE Library Database Six databases that contain different types of systematic summaries of high-quality, independent evidence to supporthealthcare decision-making.
- E-MEDICINE Clinical Reference Extensive clinical knowledge base and medical reference library, including thousands of peer-reviewed, constantly updated articles covering 62 specialties; a multimedia library of 40,000+ illustrations, images, MPEGs and photographs; Clinical eTools, including interactive algorithms, calculators, decision rules, diagrams and more. Also includes more than 650 patient education articles.
- EBSCO CINAHL- Plus Database Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health articles. Manyarticles are available in full-text PDF format for printing or saving.
- MD CONSULT Database of clinical content specialty collections from over 80 full-text books and journals . Patient information available.
- MEDLINE-OVIDsp Database Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Subscriber based Medline from the National Library of Medicine with links to over 3,000 medical journals.
- MEDLINE– PUBMED Database Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Free Medline from the National Library of Medicine. Full text links to over 900 medical journals.
- MICROMEDIX Referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine to assist you in making informed clinical diagnosis and treatment decisions. Also includes patient education handouts to assist the patient in understanding their diagnosis.
- MICHIGAN ELECTRONIC LIBRARY (MeL) MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics. 24/7 access library for Michigan residents.