AJCC 8th Edition Breast Cancer Staging
Original Release Date: 3/25/2019 and Expiration Date: 3/25/2022
Enduring Material Author:
Raouf A. Mikhail, Md, Facs, Frcs(C)
- Associate Clinical Professor of Surgery, MSU
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
Dr. Mikhail does not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
- Video (1 hour)
- Understand what prognostic indicators are required in order to properly test patients with breast cancer, including genetic testing
- Discuss surgical management and treatment changes within the 2018 breast cancer implementation
- Properly stage a breast cancer patient using the new AJCC Staging Guidelines
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary Care Physicians, Surgeons, Medical Oncologists, Allied Health Professionals, Residents, and Oncology Nurses within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
2018 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Raouf Mikhail, MD, Catherine Houle, Regina Waller, and Michelle Landis do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Khalid Ahmed, MD, Jennifer Godlesky, Susumu Inoue, MD, Julia Moses, Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Kay Taylor, PhD, Regina Waller, Diane Welker, RN, and Omari Young, MD do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. Hemant Thawani, MD, has a relevant financial relationship with Sanofi and Pfizer as Grant/Research Support. He did not plan or review this CME activity and recused himself.
Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interests of a relevant financial relationship with the educational topic by planning committee members and/or reviewers of the CME activity would be resolved by not allowing planning, reviewing, and approving of the CME activity by planning committee members and/or reviewers.