Pediatric & Adolescent Obesity – 5210 Let’s Go!
Original Release Date: 12/20/2016
Re-Release Date: 3/1/21 and Expiration Date: 3/1/24
Enduring Material Author:
Sathyan Sudhanthar, MD, MPH
Chief, Williams Learning Society
Department of Pediatrics & Human Development, MSU College of Human Medicine
The author does not have a relevant relationship with a commercial interest. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review the burden of childhood and adolescent overweight and obesity nationally
- Review the obesity data from MI and Genesee County
- Review healthy behavior recommendations and screening guidelines for childhood and adolescent age groups from AAP
- Understand the utility of simple tools to screen for health behaviors and the importance of motivational interviewing in managing adolescent obesity
- Understand the role of care managers as agents of change for health behaviors in adolescents and families
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this Internet enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary Care Physicians, Residents, and Allied Health Professionals within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
To view, click here.
2021 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Anju Sawni, MD; Jennifer Godlesky, MLIS; and Michelle Landis do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Khalid Ahmed, MD; Susumu Inoue, MD; Julia Moses; Barton Scotland, PA-C; Adiraj Singh, MD; Hemant Thawani, MD; Diane Welker, RN; and Omari Young, MD do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interests of a relevant relationship between planning committee members and the CME activity, and/or reviewers and the CME activity, would be resolved by not allowing planning, reviewing, and/or voting of the CME activity by planning committee member and/or reviewer.