Original Release Date: 12/1/2017 and Expiration Date: 12/1/2020
Enduring Material Author:
Stephen Morris, MD
- Plastic Surgeon, Hurley Medical Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, MSU
The author does not have a relevant relationship with a commercial interest.
- Video (1 hour)
- Describe incidence of common injuries, risk factors, and injury prevention strategies as they apply to patients in the pediatric age group.
- Correctly identify appropriate assessment, principles of initial resuscitation, diagnostic/imaging studies, and principles of injury specific continued care in the injured child.
- Identify appropriate priorities in the evaluation, initial management, and continuing care of the injured child with emphasis on current evidence-based practice recommendations and guidelines.
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Trauma Surgeons, General Surgeons, Pediatricians, Pediatric Intensivists, Emergency Physicians, Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, Anesthesiologists, Physician Assistants, and Residents within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
To view, click here.
2017 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Kristoffer Wong, DO; Leo Mercer, MD; Valerie Canary, CPNP; Regina Waller, and Michelle Landis do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Vickie Mello, DO; Regina Waller, Sharon Williams, Susumu Inoue, MD, Khalid Ahmed, MD, Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Diane Welker, RN, and Kay Taylor, PhD do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. Hemant Thawani, MD, does have a relevant financial relationship with: Sanofi and Pfizer as Grant/Research Support.
Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interests of a relevant relationship between planning committee members and the CME activity, and/or reviewers and the CME activity, would be resolved by not allowing planning, reviewing, and/or voting of the CME activity by planning committee member and/or reviewer.