Physician Burnout & Depression: the Journey to Resiliency
Original Release Date: 6/19/2019 and Expiration Date: 6/19/2022
Enduring Material Author:
Brenda Lovegrove Lepisto, PsyD
- Director of Psychosocial Communication, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
With a Forward on “Success over Stress” by:
Alisa Craig, MS
- Administrator, Wellness & Population Health, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
The authors do not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
- Video (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Identify the rate of burn out and depression
- List the five key processes for constructing resilience
- Align practical strategies with each of the five key processes
- Explain how language, interaction, and networks help to cultivate and implement resilience processes
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour and 45 minutes of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary and Specialty Care Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, and Resident Physicians within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
2018 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Hemant Thawani, MD, Brenda Lepisto, PsyD, Alisa Craig, MS, Julie Campe, BA, CCRC, Regina Waller, and Michelle Landis. Hemant Thawani, MD, has a financial relationship with Sanofi and Pfizer as Grant/Research Support, but there is no relevance to the educational topic. The other members do not have a relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests.
Susumu Inoue, MD, Khalid Ahmed, MD, Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Omari Young, MD, Diane Welker, NP, Kay Taylor, PhD, Regina Waller, Jennifer Godlesky, and Julia Moses do not have a relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests.
The Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interest of a relevant financial relationship with the educational topic by planning committee members and/or reviewers of the CME activity would be resolved by not allowing the planning, reviewing, and approving of the CME activity. As a planning committee member, Dr. Hemant Thawani’s financial relationship has no relevance to the educational topic.