Clinic faculty position opening
Academic clinician, full- or part-time
As part of the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Flint, Mich., Campus, Hurley Medical Center and Children’s Hospital are seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to join the Hurley Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Training Program Clinic.
The position: Clinic director for the ambulatory resident clinic and associate program director.
The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible (if a current trainee) in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. This academic position involves teaching resident physicians and participating as an active faculty member in the residency program.
Candidates must have strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and tech-savvy skills and a willingness to work with an urban population.
Hurley faculty members may apply for an academic appointment with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine at a rank commensurate with experience.
- Collegial atmosphere: Small enough to form meaningful work relationships with learners and colleagues and large enough to provide interesting cases and opportunities to make a difference.
- Clinic location: Our family clinic is in the top floor of the Hurley Medical Office Building, connected to the main hospital/Children’s Hospital. The nearby Flint Farmers’ Market provides access to fresh produce, bakeries, restaurants, and shopping. The nearby Flint Cultural Center is befitting for the one-time largest General Motors complex in the world. And two Big Ten schools have downtown Flint locations as well: Michigan State University and the University of Michigan-Flint. A third world-class institution, Kettering University, is also nearby, as is Mott Community College. Across the street from Hurley Medical Center, just past Hurley’s outdoor fitness trail, is Atwood Stadium, where the Flint City Bucks soccer team plays home games.
- Flint/Genesee County area: Quick access to hiking, camping, swimming, skiing, boating, biking, golfing, sporting events, recreational sport teams, orchards, dairies, movies, theater, concerts, festivals, and stress-free travel, thanks to Flint’s Bishop International Airport, one of the easiest airports to use in the Midwest.
Hurley Children's Hospital & Hurley Medical Center
Hurley Medical Center - which houses Hurley Children's Hospital - is in Flint, Mich., and is affiliated with Michigan State University, the University of Michigan, and other top universities in the Midwest. The 443-bed tertiary-care public hospital serves as the primary training site for Hurley/MSU College of Human Medicine Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residents and Flint-based medical students and is the care-referral site for mid- and northeastern Michigan, with a catchment area of more than 1 million people. Hurley offers free 24/7 fitness areas on campus and other well-being amenities.
Hurley provides the highest level of care in the region for:
- Adult Trauma (Level 1 - the highest available level)
- Pediatric Trauma (Level 2)
- NICU (Level 3 - the highest available level)
Hurley has the region’s only
- Burn Center
- Hernia Center of Excellence
- Children’s Hospital
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospital
- Children’s Emergency Room & Pediatric ICU
- Pediatric Hematology Oncology Program & Sickle Cell Clinic
- Emergency Room with Fast Track for Seniors
- Geriatric Fracture Center