- Director of Ambulatory Medicine, Hurley Medical Center Internal Medicine Program Flint, Mich.
- Director of Primary Care Education, Hurley Medical Center Internal Medicine Program, Flint, Mich.
- Clerkship Director for Internal Medicine, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
- Associate Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, Mich.
Dr. Basim Towfiq is known for his extensive knowledge and clinical diagnostic abilities. Not only does he stay on top of the most recent guidelines and evidence, he also has years of experience that he calls upon for the most interesting bedside teaching and clinic talks. He also serves as a judge for the annual Michigan State University Flint Area Medical Education Community Research Forum, as shown in the 2019 photo on this profile page.
- Medical School: Mosul Medical College, University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq
- Residency: Internal Medicine Program at Hurley Medical Center/Michigan State University, Flint, Mich.
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Towfiq has a long history of multiple teaching awards from medical students at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, who elect “best teachers” each graduating year. Flint serves as one of many statewide campuses for MSU-CHM, and medical students regularly rotate at Hurley.