Charles W Swanson
- Faculty, Hurley Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program, Flint, Mich.
- Faculty, Hurley Medical Center Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Program, Flint, Mich.
Dr. Charles W. Swanson joined Hurley in 2022, but he's no stranger to Flint. As a medical student, he conducted a Flint-based research study related to the Flint water crisis, which he presented at Flint's regional research conference. See the Scholarly Activity below.
- Bachelor of science degree with honors in molecular biology: Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
- Medical degree: Michigan State University College of Human Resources, East Lansing, Mich.
- Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residency: University of Illnois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Swanson C, Bernard A, Quinn M. Effects of the Flint, MI, Water Crisis on Health and Institutional Trustworthiness. Flint Area Medical Education Forum. Flint, Mich. May 2018.
Educational lectures and reports for residents
- Case Report on Neonatal Meningitis, Pediatrics Recruitment Report
- Lower extremity orthopedic injuries, Pediatrics Morning Report
- Infectious Disease Jeopardy, Med-Peds Program Lecture
- Pediatric Soft Tissue Masses, Pediatrics Morning Report
- Immune deficiencies, a Journey to the Center of the Glob(ulin), Med-Peds Program Lecture
- Pediatric Pneumonia Diagnosis and Management, Pediatrics Morning Report
- Statistical Teaching on the RECOVERY Trail, Internal Medicine Program Lecture
- Introduction to sleep disorders, Med-Peds Program Lecture
- Chronic Diarrhea Management, Pediatrics Morning Report
- Lymphadenopathy Management, Med-Peds Program Lecture
- Presentation and Management of Vitamin Abnormalities, Med-Peds Program Lecture
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
Hobbies & Interests
I do crossfit, running. I have a puppy (so she occupies a lot of my time), and I like to read (fantasy and nonfiction). I keep mentally well by spending time with my significant other.
~Charles Swanson MD