- Infectious disease specialist, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Faculty, Hurley Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program, Flint, Mich.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Flint, Mich.
- Fellowship in infectious disease: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Internal medicine residency: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
- Internship: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Ill.
- Medical school: Punjab Medical College, Faisalabad, Pakistan
- American Board of Infectious Disease
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
- SHEA training course in Healthcare epidemiology
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- Clinical Characteristics of Hospitalized Patients Diagnosed with SARS-COV-2 in Central Michigan
- Hospital Antibiotic Prescribing Practices in a Large Tertiary Health Center: Rates by Provider’s Gender,
Specialty and Years of practice
- Tanveer F, Younas M, et al. Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis Virus Meningoencephalitis in a Renal
Transplant Recipient Following Exposure to Mice. Transplant Infectious Disease Oct 2018.
- Tanveer F, Younas M, et al. Chronic progressive disseminated histoplasmosis in a renal transplant
recipient. Medical Mycology Case Reports 2019. doi.org/10.1016/j.mmcr.2018.12.006
- Younas M, Royer J, Weissman SB, et al. Burden of community-associated Clostridioides difficile
infection in southeastern United States: a population-based study. Infection. 2020;48(1):129-132.
- Winders H, Royer J, Younas M, et al. Temporal Trends in Ambulatory Antibiotic Prescription Rates in
South Carolina: Impact of Age, Gender, and Resident Location. Infection Control & Hospital
- Younas M, Royer J, Weissman SB, et al. Clostridioides difficile Infection and Antibiotic Prescription
Rates in the Community: Explaining the Gender Gap. Submitted to Journal of Infection Control and
Hospital Epidemiology- accepted.
Recent abstracts and publications as PI/first author:
- Younas M, Dillon W, Sharma M, et al. Coronavirus Respiratory Tract Infections: Evaluation of Patient
Characteristics, Seasonal Variation and Co-infection Rates with Other Respiratory Viruses. ASM Microbe
2017; New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Younas M, Royer J, Weissman S, et al. Burden of Clostridium difficile Infection in South Carolina:
A Population-Based Study. IDWeek 2018; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Younas M, Royer J, Rac H, et al. Clostridium difficile infection and antibiotic prescription rates in the
community: explaining the gender gap. IDWeek 2018; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Younas M, Fife K, William J, et al. Mycoplasma genitalium: A Concordance Study in heterosexual
partnerships at risk for chlamydial infection. IDWeek 2018; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Younas M, Royer J, Rac H, et al. Ambulatory Antibiotic Prescribing Practices in South Carolina: Rates
by Gender and Resident’s Location. SHEA Spring 2019; Boston, MA, USA. Top Poster Abstract award
- Plante J, Younas M, Royer J, et al. Temporal Trends of Ambulatory Antimicrobial Prescription Rates
in South Carolina. ASM Microbe 2019; San Francisco, CA, USA. Oral and Poster presentation
- Bouchard J, Alhasan M, Bookstaver B, Royer J, Rac H, Younas M, et al. Impact of FDA Drug Safety
Alerts on Ambulatory Fluoroquinolone Prescription Rates in South Carolina. ASM Microbe 2019; San
Francisco, CA, USA.
- Younas M, Royer J, et al. Association between Influenza Vaccination Coverage and Ambulatory
Antibiotic Prescription Rates in Children in South Carolina. IDWeek 2019;
Washington DC, USA
Hobbies & Interests
When Dr. Younas is not working, she likes to spend time with family and friends, especially her three children (two elementary-school age and one toddler).