- Associate Clinical Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
Dr. Mona Hardas Kiran first won fans as a resident physician in Hurley Medical Center’s Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program, where she was popular with patients and colleagues alike. Now, resident physicians still appreciate her professionalism, pleasant personality, and excellence in the field as a faculty member and role model. Dr. Hardas has been in private practice since 1999.
A recent publication could help Dr Hardas reach an even younger audience than usual. Dr. Hardas and daughters Sarasee and Sylee Kiran's Pocket Guide to your Period (Lakeside Medical Publishing, July 21, 2020) is geared toward young girls, telling them what to expect during puberty. It aims to calm, reassure, and educate readers about the healthy changes that occur from girlhood to adulthood. It is practical and includes FAQs.
- Undergraduate and medical degree: Government Medical College, Nagpur, India
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Hurley Medical Center/ Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Flint, Mich.
- Master’s level training: Cosmetic Gynecology, The Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty Training Institute of America, Davis, Calif.
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United States
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, United Kingdom
- Board Certification, Obstetrics and Gynecology, India
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters, Baker College, Flint, Mich. (received for work with women and children)
- “Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures” Award, Society of Gynecological Laparasocopist
Committees and Community Service
- Board of Directors, Genesee County Medical Society
- Chair, International Medical Graduates Council for Michigan State Medical Society
- Past chair, several reference committees, Michigan State Medical Society
- Past Michigan State Medical Society representative to the American Medical Association
- Community service, Genesee County area, special interest in women and children
- Board of Trustees, Flint Institute of Arts
- Board of Trustees, Whaley Children’s Center
Dr Hardas Kiran and her husband, Sam, live in the Genesee County area. They have three daughters - Sayee, Sylee, and Sarasee - and one dog, Biscuit.