- Core Faculty Member, Hurley Pediatric Residency Program, Flint, Mich.
- Assistant Professor, MSU CHM Pediatrics and Human Development, East Lansing, Mich.
From 2015 to 2021, Dr. Zachary Patterson was in sunny Arizona, working as a community pediatrician, director of a mobile children's health project serving migrant farm workers, and pediatrician at a high school-based site seeing adolescents. He also was on the faculty at the University of Arizona.
But in early 2021, he moved to sometimes-sunny Michigan and now is a pediatrician and core faculty member at the Hurley Children's Clinic and Hurley Pediatrics Residency Program.
Since Dr. Patterson loves classic cars, Flint, Michigan is a good location for him. It is the birthplace of General Motors, home to the Buick Automotive Gallery and Sloan Museum's Automotive Collection, and host of Back to the Bricks, an annual car cruise and multi-day festival that celebrates the old-fashioned teen hobby of "cruising" in classic cars in Flint.
- Pediatrics Residency: Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
- Medical School: Medical University of the Americas, Nevis, West Indies
- English Major: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
American Academy of Pediatrics
"I love fitness/exercise, driving and working on cars, riding motorcycles, reading, traveling, and taking care of my diabetic cat," says Dr. Patterson.
Banner photo at top: Downtown Flint by Doug Pike, Hurley Medical Center Planning & Marketing Department.