All electronic resources, including databases and full-text articles, are accessible at all HMC workstations linked via the Intranet.
From your Hurley IP address, you have full-text online access to:
- Clinical Key
- Access Medicine
- Access Pediatrics
- Access Emergency Medicine
- Complete American Academy of Pediatrics journal collection
- NEJM: New England Journal of Medicine
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation
- And many more
The following databases are available to HMC employees with Library Accounts. Use the links on these pages to access the databases off campus, using your Library Account.
Database and e-book collection include:
- ACCESS MEDICINE Access to more than 60 medical titles, thousands of images and illustrations, interactive self-assessment, case files, diagnostic tools, and a comprehensive search platform.
- COCHRANE Library Database Six databases that contain different types of systematic summaries of high-quality, independent evidence to supporthealthcare decision-making.
- EBSCO CINAHL- Plus Database Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health articles. Manyarticles are available in full-text PDF format for printing or saving.
- MEDLINE-OVIDsp Database Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Subscriber based Medline from the National Library of Medicine with links to over 3,000 medical journals.
- MEDLINE– PUBMED Database Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Free Medline from the National Library of Medicine. Full text links to over 900 medical journals.
- MICROMEDIX Referenced information about drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine to assist you in making informed clinical diagnosis and treatment decisions. Also includes patient education handouts to assist the patient in understanding their diagnosis.
- MICHIGAN ELECTRONIC LIBRARY (MeL) MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics. 24/7 access library for Michigan residents.