All electronic resources, including databases and full-text articles, are accessible at all HMC workstations linked via the Intranet.
From your Hurley IP address, you have full-text online access to:
- Clinical Key
- American Academy of Pediatrics Gateway journal collection
- NEJM: New England Journal of Medicine
- JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association
- Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation
The following databases are available to HMC employees with Library Accounts. Use the links on these pages to access the databases off campus, using your Library Account.
Database and e-book collection include:
- Clinical Key Content covers 30 medical specialties in over 1,000 full text books, 500 journals, 15,000 patient education handouts and over 1,400 disease topic pages.
- Cochrane Library Six databases that contain different types of systematic summaries of high-quality, independent evidence to support healthcare decision-making.
- CINAHL-Plus Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health articles. Many articles are available in full-text PDF format for printing or saving.
- OVIDsp Database (Medline) Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Subscriber based Medline from the National Library of Medicine with links to over 3,000 medical journals.
- PubMed (Medline) Medline provides access to journal citations on medicine, nursing, pharmacology, dentistry, allied health sciences, and health care delivery. Free Medline from the National Library of Medicine. Full text links to over 900 medical journals.
- Michigan Electronic Library (MeL) The MeL Databases allow you instant access to full-text articles from tens of thousands of magazines and newspapers. Databases are available for kids, adults, and on specialized topics. 24/7 access library for Michigan residents.