CME On Demand
As an organization accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society, Hurley Medical Center holds an intra-state accreditation intended for an audience of healthcare professionals specifically within the state of Michigan and its contiguous states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio.
The following webinars fulfill the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) new requirements for continuing medical education.
Continuing Education Requirements For Michigan Medical Doctors
Authority: Public Act 368 of 1978, as amended
Requirements For Renewal
Each medical doctor is required to complete 150 hours of continuing education in courses or programs approved by the board of which a minimum 75 hours of the required 150 hours must be earned in courses or programs designated as Category 1 programs.
A minimum of 1 hour of continuing education must be earned in the area of medical ethics. Effective December 6, 2017 a minimum of 3 hours of continuing education must be earned in the area of pain and symptom management.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) are available to those who complete the CME requirements for each learning activity.
Ethical Principles - Choosing Wisely: Is Parsimonious Care “Just” Rationing?
(This activity fulfills the CE requirements for medical ethics.)
Leonard M. Fleck PhD
- Professor of Philosophy and Medical Ethics, MSU College of Human Medicine
Management of the Chronic Opioid User
(This activity fulfills the CE requirements for pain and symptom management.)
Cara Poland, MD, M.Ed., FASAM
- Lead Physician, Center for Integrative Medicine
- Spectrum Health Medical Group, Grand Rapids
- President, Michigan Society of Addiction Medicine
Sathyan Sudhanthar, MD, MPH
- Associate Professor,
- Chief, Williams Learning Society
- Department of Pediatrics & Human Development, MSU College of Human Medicine
Human Trafficking: The Role of the Healthcare Provider
(This activity fulfills the LARA training standards for identifying victims of human trafficking requirements.)
Elizabeth Anne Campbell, JD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Human Trafficking Clinic, University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor
Raouf Mikhail, MD
- Medical Director, Cancer Center Chair, Department of Surgery, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
- Retired Detective/Lieutenant, Michigan State Police
- DEC Coordinator, Michigan State Police
Leo Mercer, Jr., MD
- Chief of Trauma & Acute Care Surgery, Hurley Medical Center, Flint
Lynn Smitherman, MD
- Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University
- Division of General Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
- Children’s Hospital of Michigan Wayne State University