Human Trafficking: and the Role of the Healthcare Provider
(This activity fulfills the LARA mandatory training standards for identifying victims of human trafficking.)
Original Release Date: 2/28/2020
Re-Release Date: 6/19/2023 and Expiration Date: 6/19/2026
Enduring Material Author:
Elizabeth Anne Campbell, JD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Human Trafficking Clinic, University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor
The author does not have a relevant financial relationship with an ineligible company. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
- Video (1 hour 45 minutes)
*SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL: State of Michigan Human Trafficking Red Flags for Healthcare Professionals. (Click here to view.)
- Define human trafficking, describe the scope of human trafficking in Michigan, and deconstruct myths regarding human trafficking
- Identify potential signs of human trafficking, specifically in the medical context
- Identify resources available for victims and how to report, including minors
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour and 45 minutes of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this Internet Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary Care Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, and Resident Physicians within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
2023 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Hurley Medical Center has implemented mechanisms to identify and mitigate conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of this Internet Enduring Material activity.
Planning Committee Members –
All planning committee members and CME staff have no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.
All reviewers have no relevant financial relationships with any ineligible companies to disclose.