Human Trafficking: The Role of the Healthcare Provider
Original Release Date: 2/26/2020 and Expiration Date: 2/28/2023
Enduring Material Author:
Elizabeth Anne Campbell, JD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Human Trafficking Clinic, University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor
The author does not have a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest. (Click here to view the Faculty Disclosure form.)
- Video (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Define human trafficking, describe the scope of human trafficking in Michigan, and deconstruct myths regarding human trafficking
- Identify potential signs of human trafficking, specifically in the medical context
- Identify resources available for victims and how to report, including minors
Instructions for Participation
- Start Here to register and complete the CME activity.
- Note: Plan for one hour and 45 minutes of committed time. If you exit the activity before completion, you must begin again.
- Take the pre-test, view the material, and complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation and receive your CME certificate.
Hardware / Software Requirements
PDF: To view the material in a portable document file (PDF) format, you will need a PDF reader, which you can download for free at Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device).
VIDEO: To view the material in video format, you will need Adobe Flash player, which you can download for free from Adobe Flash (or from your App store if you are using a mobile device). You may need speakers or headphones to hear the audio.
Hurley Medical Center is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Hurley Medical Center designates this Internet enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Primary Care Physicians, Allied Health Professionals, and Resident Physicians within the state of Michigan and its bordering states of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio only.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
2019 Hurley Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Provider Contact Information
Hurley Medical Center, Institute for Continuing Medical Education, One Hurley Plaza, Flint, MI
Phone 810-262-9142, Fax 810-760-9956, or Email ContactCME@hurleymc.com
Planning Committee Members –
Omari Young, MD; Jennifer Godlesky, MLIS; Trisha Bryan, LMSW; Regina Waller, and Michelle Landis do not have a relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests.
Susumu Inoue, MD, Elmahdi Saeed, MD, Omari Young, MD, Diane Welker, NP, Kay Taylor, PhD, Jennifer Godlesky, MLIS, Julia Moses and Regina Waller do not have a relevant financial relationship with any commercial interests. Hemant Thawani, MD, has a relevant financial relationship with Pfizer as Grant/Research Support and Consultant, but there is no relevance to the educational topic.
The Mechanism to Resolve Conflict of Interest of a relevant financial relationship with the educational topic by planning committee members and/or reviewers of the CME activity would be resolved by not allowing the planning, reviewing, and approving of the CME activity. As a planning committee member, Dr. Hemant Thawani’s financial relationship has no relevance to the educational topic.