Obstetrics & Gynecology Graduating Class of 2024
Where are you from originally?
I grew up in Shelby Township, Michigan.
- Medical School: Ross University School of Medicine in Dominica.
- Transitional Year Residency: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital in Pontiac, Mich. (2019-2020)
Why did you stay in Michigan?
I am originally from Michigan and I wanted to complete residency close to home. It's so great have a strong support system close by in addition to my Hurley family, because residency is tough!
Why did you choose your specialty?
I have always had clarity around being a doctor but, as a medical student, I was uncertain about which medical specialty to pursue. With each course, each clinical rotation, each work experience and patient interaction I was able to begin narrowing down the choices. OBGYN was the perfect combination of both surgical procedures and patient-centered care.
My family includes my parents and my sister who, just graduated from nursing school. I am the first physician in my family. I don't have a spouse or children. I do have a dog, a Maltese shih tzu who has the world's worst underbite.
When you're not working, what do you do for fun?
When I'm not working, some of my favorite things include: Shopping for a great deal at TJMaxx/Marshalls, playing pickleball, winter sports (skiing, snowmobiling), grabbing brunch with friends.
Be the change you want to see in the world.
This is one of my favorite quotes because it is about challenging yourself to be your best self and leave your mark on the world in whatever way you can, because one person can make a difference.
Top 6 Favs about Michigan?
- Michigan fall weather/changing colors
- Traverse City wineries
- Eastern Market (Detroit)/Flint Farmers' Market (Flint)
- Michigan State Football. GO GREEN!
- Hamtramck's Polish Cafe, some of the best pierogies outside of Poland
- Sander's Fudge Bumpy Cake ... If you haven't tried it, you have to.