Graduate Medical Education
READ the Hurley GME Blog to see the latest happenings in our programs.
SEE the Hurley GME FAQs to find out what's new at Hurley and to find answers to the most common questions.
Hurley's graduate medical education, training and research programs provide an exceptional opportunity to serve and learn from one of Michigan’s largest and most diverse patient populations.
Also, on this page, take a look at:
- Our multidisciplinary education schedule, which typically includes 1-2 sessions per block for all of Hurley’s residency and fellowship training programs combined.
- Our photo galleries, which give a sense of our learning and work spaces, as well as our lounging and eating areas and patient rooms.
If you are:
- A former Hurley learner or employee and need a verification of your training or insurance coverage while at Hurley, here's who to contact:
- Insurance verification: Contact Christine Wirt of Hurley Risk Management by email.
- Training verification for Hurley Nursing School students: See the Hurley Nursing Alumni web page.
- Training verification for Hurley Nurse Anesthesia students: See the University of Michigan-Flint Registrar web page.
- Training verification for Hurley resident physicians and fellows: See your former program's web page.
- Employment verification for Hurley employees: See the Hurley Human Resources Department web page.
- Verification for Hurley medical staff: Contact the Medical Staff Office by email.
- A business verifying an employee/learner's insurance, training, or employment, please use the above contact information as well.
- A medical student inquiring about rotations at Hurley, contact see the clinical elective clerkshops page of our affiliated medical school, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine.
- A hospital, college, university, or other institution inquiring about an affiliation agreement, email Hurley Academic Affairs.
Hurley = Clinical Excellence
#115 in the world
Hurley is ranked among the top 50 smart hospitals in the U.S., and #115 in the world as Best Smart Hospital, per Newsweek and Statista Inc. We maximize electronic medical records and can share with hospitals in 50 states.
As a Children's Hospital since 2011, Hurley has the region's only Peds ER, Peds ICU, Peds Burn Unit, and is the highest level NICU in the region. More than 11,000 kids visit our outpatient clinic per year.
Top 10 Employer
Hurley was named a TOP 10 EMPLOYER in the region in September 2023 by the Flint & Genesee Group. Of note are Hurley's free on-site wellness amenities, tuition reimbursement, eligibility for student loan forgivenness, and team recognition.
Select any of the following links to learn more about Hurley Medical Center’s Graduate Medical Education Programs.
|Residency Training Programs||Fellowship Programs||Affiliated Training Programs|
|Combined Internal Medicine / Pediatrics||Pediatric Psychology||Emergency Medicine|
|Internal Medicine||Rehabilitation Psychology||Pediatric Dentistry|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||Trauma||Pediatric Emergency Medicine|
How to reach Hurley Graduate Medical Education
When email won't do it, contact the Hurley GME administrative office at 810-262-9319.
Graduate Medical Education Combined Lecture Calendar
Here is the calendar for the GME 4th Monday-of-the Block Education for all residency and fellowship programs sponsored by Hurley Medical Center (and a few other educational events). The GME presentations are always mandatory for Hurley residents - and a few are mandatory for residents and fellows at Hurley, even if they're from a different institution. Select a single event for more details or to add it to your calendar. Or select the Google Calendar icon at bottom right to subscribe to the entire calendar. You can change the view to Week, Month, or Agenda by selecting a tab at the top.