Hem-Onc Director opening at Hurley Children's Hospital
Full-time hematology-oncology director job open
We're looking for a caring, compassionate, experienced physician to take on clinical, academic and leadership roles at Hurley Children's Hospital at Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience and be certified or board-eligible in Pediatric Hematology Oncology from the American Board of Pediatrics.
- This position involves teaching resident physicians and participating as a faculty member in the residency program, as well as leading inpatient and outpatient hematology-oncology services.
- Candidates also should have strong interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and tech-savvy skills and a willingness to work with disparate populations.
- H1B Visa sponsorship is available.
- See full job description here.
Hurley faculty members may apply for an academic appointment with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine at a rank commensurate with experience.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Hurley Medical Center and The Hurley Clinics are qualified employers under the federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. Candidates with eligible loans could save a bundle under this program by working at Hurley, especially if they have a high amount of debt.
- Collegial atmosphere: Small enough to form meaningful work relationships with learners and colleagues and large enough to provide interesting cases and opportunities to make a difference.
- Clinic locations: Hurley Children's Hospital's 11th floor houses the Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Clinic, the Pediatric Sickle Cell Clinic, and the Eastern Michigan Hemophilia Treatment Center - all just a few steps around the corner from a dedicated pediatric inpatient wing.
- Around campus: Just a few minutes from Hurley by car, Flint Farmers’ Market provides access to fresh produce, bakeries, restaurants, and shopping. The nearby Flint Cultural Center is befitting for the one-time largest General Motors complex in the world. And two Big Ten schools have downtown Flint locations as well: Michigan State University and the University of Michigan-Flint. A third world-class institution, Kettering University, is also nearby, as is Mott Community College. Across the street from Hurley Medical Center, just past Hurley’s outdoor fitness trail, is Atwood Stadium, where the Flint City Bucks men's soccer team and the Flint City AFC women's soccer team play home games.
- Flint/Genesee County area: Quick access to hiking, camping, swimming, skiing, boating, biking, golfing, sporting events, recreational sport teams, orchards, dairies, movies, theater, concerts, festivals, and stress-free travel, thanks to Flint’s Bishop International Airport, one of the easiest airports to use in the Midwest.
Hurley Children's Hospital & Hurley Medical Center
Hurley Medical Center - which houses Hurley Children's Hospital - is in Flint, Mich., and is affiliated with Michigan State University, the University of Michigan, and other top universities in the Midwest. The 443-bed tertiary-care public hospital serves as the primary training site for Hurley/MSU College of Human Medicine Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residents and Flint-based medical students and is the care-referral site for mid- and northeastern Michigan, with a catchment area of more than 1 million people. Hurley offers free, 24/7 fitness areas on campus and other well-being amenities. It also is a Children's Miracle Network hospital.
Hurley provides the highest level of care in the region for:
- Adult Trauma (Level 1 - the highest available level)
- Pediatric Trauma (Level 2)
- NICU (Level 3 - the highest available level)
Hurley has the region’s only
- Burn Center
- Hernia Center of Excellence
- Children’s Hospital
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospital
- Children’s Emergency Room & Pediatric ICU
- Pediatric Hematology Oncology Program & Sickle Cell Clinic
- Emergency Room with Fast Track for Seniors
- Geriatric Fracture Center