The Hurley Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program has prepared graduates for private practice, fellowships, and clinical and academic positions around the country. Here is a select list of some of our alumni. (If you are a graduate from the Hurley OB Program, contact us to share your current position, so we can post it here.)
A selection of alumni from the Hurley Medical Center Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program
Class of 2021
- Dr. Andrea Pacheco Arias, joining Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Dr. Rachel Ford, joining a private practice with Regional Medical Center in Anniston, Ala.
- Dr. Karen Moses, joining OB/GYN practice at Swedish America Hospital in Rockford, Ill.
Class of 2020
- Dr. Ahmed Abdullah, joining private practice at McLaren-Flint, Flint, Mich.
- Dr. Huda Afaneh, generalist joining Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dr. Ahmed Moustafa, matched into Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) fellowship at University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
- Dr. Stephanie Leiva, joining a Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship.
Class of 2019
- Dr. Carmen Paredes, currently a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) fellow at Detroit Medical Center-Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich.
- Dr. Omar Abuzeid, matched into Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) fellowship at Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, N.Y.
- Dr. Anwar Jackson, completing a Family Planning fellowship at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Dr. Subhia Rehman, joined private practice in Orlando, Fla.
Class of 2018
- Dr. Brian Tessler, Assistant Professor at Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- Dr. Nida Khalid, joined private practice in Flint, Mich.
- Dr. Pouya Abhari, currently a fellow in Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) at the University of Miami/ Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Fla.
- Dr. Osama Zagmout, joined private practice in Ind.
Class of 2017
- Dr. Sina Abhari, completed fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility (REI) at Emory University, Atlanta, Ga.
- Dr. Jan Hunt, joined private practice in Denver, Colo.
- Dr. Fahmi Islam, matched in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery-Obstetrics and Gynecology Fellowship at University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Dr. Rahima Sanya, joined private practice in Bakersfield, Calif.
Class of 2016
- Dr. Sierra Cuthpert, joined private practice in Flint, Mich.
- Dr. Mohamed Satti, completing Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) fellowship at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Danville and Forty Fort, Pa., with plans to return to Hurley as a faculty member
- Dr. Rubin Raju, joined private practice in Minn.
- Dr. Ahmed Abdelaziz, joined private practice in Santa Maria, Calif.