Salary and Benefits
As a distinguished teaching hospital offering the highest quality patient care and graduate medical education training programs, Hurley Medical Center is committed to being an employer of choice for all our medical, educational, administrative and other staff. This standard includes providing a competitive salary and benefits package for residents in our residency training programs.
SALARY AND TIME OFF (effective July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2027)
|Vacation Days||Personal Days||Wellness/ |
*1% increase to the base hourly rate will be applied on July 1 of 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026, effective the first full pay period of July each year.
**Sick days accumulate during the residency years.
- Postdoctoral Psychology Fellows enter training at the PGY2 salary & benefits level.
- The Trauma Surgery Fellow enters training at the PGY7 salary & benefits level.
Lactation rooms, free 24/7 fitness area, and more
- $800 meal card for cafeteria and coffee shop
- Paid holidays: Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day
- Up to $800 financial support for board examination fees if scheduled at the first available test date after graduation (one time only)
- Annual stipend for educational resources, tablet computer, books, exam fees, study materials, etc. (for those in clinical positions)
- PGY1 $1000
- PGY2 $1500
- PGY3 $1750
- PGY4 $2000
- PGY5 $2000
- PGY6 $2000
- PGY7 $2000
- Insurance: Health, dental, optical, life
- Disability program
- Malpractice insurance
- Bereavement leave
- FMLA eligibility starting on day 1
- Eligibility for faculty appointment with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- Yearly conference
- Reimbursement for life-support/resuscitation courses (up to $200 each)
- Monogrammed lab coats
- Free, secure parking
- Free access to CME courses
- Lactation rooms
- Residents’ lounge with kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, ping-pong table, and computer work stations
- Individual lockers and mailboxes
- On-site medical library with 24-hour access
- On-site exercise area with 24-hour access
- Opportunities for committee involvement
- Active House Staff Association (union) with soccer teams, bowling, skiing, picnics, etc.
- Diverse patient population and multicultural environment
- Just-right supervision
Note: The Trauma Research Fellow's benefits do not include a meal card or CME stipend.