See the Graduate Pediatric Dentistry Program Home Website at the University of Michigan.
This 30-month University of Michigan training program offers 5 MATCH positions per year to those who already have a DDS or equivalent degree. Based at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, residents also train in Flint, including at Hurley Medical Center. Application deadline is Oct. 1 each year.
Upon completion, residents earn a master's degree in pediatric dentistry and typically work in pediatric-focused practices after graduation.
The curriculum includes clinical experiences and education related to:
- Physical and psychological growth and development
- Pulpal management and restoration of primary and young permanent dentitions
- Pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic guidance of child behavior
- Diagnosis and treatement of malocclusions
See the program link above for:
- Pediatric Dentistry MS Curriculum
- Pediatric Dentistry Course Descriptions
- Program Director: James R. Boynton DDS MS
- Flint Clinic and Graduate Director: Rita Yu-Ju Yang DDS MS